Muharram 2021 Programs
You are cordially invited to join IHCCO as we commemorate Aba Abdillah (pbuh) in the coming Muharram as follows:
- Monday, August 9 to Thursday, August 19, 2021, every night from 7:15 pm to 9:30 pm
- Ashura ceremony: Thursday, August 19, 2021, 11 am to 1:30 pm
Live broadcasting at live.imamhossein.ca
Please note that given some public health restrictions have been lifted, we are allowed to hold in-person ceremonies with limited capacity in our Community Cultural Center located in the South Keys area.
To attend in-person ceremonies, please note that:
- Registration is mandatory.
- You could only register for a maximum of three programs.
- At least two weeks should have elapsed since receiving your second dose of the vaccine on the day of the program.
- You should complete the COVID-19 Screening form before you attend the registered program.
- Strictly following health protocols (mask and physical distancing) are still in place.
- Bring your prayer supplies for congregational prayer.
- Exact location and other instructions are included in the registration tickets.
Further notes regarding in-person ceremonies:
- Only those who have registered are allowed to attend.
- The registration would remain open as long as the capacity remains and up to 24 hours before each program.
- The registration for Tasu’a and Ashura programs is not conclusive at this time. You will be on the waiting list once you register. The conclusive participants will be then selected randomly by August 6, informed by an email.
If you’d like to prepare Nazri for the attendees of a program, please coordinate beforehand via text at 613-434-3454. The foods have to be packaged in separate containers distributable to each individual.
The programs will include reciting Ziyarat Ashura, sermons, congregational prayer, and mourning for Aba Abdullah (a.s.) as follows:
- Nights 1-3: Ms. Soheyla Aryan. English lecture focusing on teenagers. Topic: “Imam Hossein and Remembering God”.
- Night 4: Recitation of Dua Komeil
- Nights 5-6: Dr. Mohammad Reza Ardehali. Farsi lecture. Topic: “Education and Training of the New Generation based on Imam Hossein’s Perspective”.
- Night 7 to Sham-e- Ghariban: Hojjatoleslam Hasan Doagoo. Farsi lecture. Topic: “The Historical Roots of the Ashura: 11 to 61 AH”.
- Ashura: Screening of the film “The Story of Ashura” exclusively produced by IHCCO for teenagers.
The children will also have a special program, the details of which will be communicated to the families who register their kid(s). To receive kids’ packages and to register your child in Muharram programs, kindly fill out this form until August 6.
Blood Donation Campaign
In collaboration with Canadian Blood Services, we invite you to participate in the Blood Donation Campaign in honour of Imam Hossein which will take place on Saturday, August 14, 2021, from noon.
Kindly check out this form by August 6 to see if you are eligible to donate blood and to register. Flyer is attached!
Complying with health protocols, IHCCO will continue to have only one Nazri meal on Sunday evening, August 15, 2021, to be picked up at our Cultural Community Center. Registration is required. Nazri meals will be served in compostable containers.
If interested, you could contribute to Nazri meals and Muharram programs by donating through this page.
“Feed the Needy” Campaign
Once again, relying on your support, we are preparing to hold a campaign to provide food for the needy in Iran and Ottawa. Stay tuned!
IHCCO Cultural Store
We sincerely remind you that you could now buy special Muharram products at store.imamhossein.ca. Voluntarily run, the Cultural Store is one of IHCCO’s revenue sources that makes cultural products available to you in Ottawa.
IHCCO Public Relations
– IHCCO takes no responsibility and liability in babysitting the attending children in its events.
– By taking part in this event you grant the IHCCO full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming for fundraising, publicity or other purposes to help achieve the centre’s aims. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications.
– For more information, please text us at 613-434-3454.